We would like to tell you about how we collect and use data…
There are several ways that we collect data, here are the ways that we can collect data from you:
- Our Website
- Online Purchases
- Events and Shows
- Tree Registration
Collecting data enables us to make our product and brand experience relevant to you. Dependent on where we meet you or how you come across us, we can collect different kinds of data…
If you visit our website:
With your express consent, if you sign up to our newsletter, enter a competition or sign up at an event, we collect:
- Email Address
- First Name
- Last Name
- Postal Address (if provided)
- If you make a purchase, we collect:
- Payment details
- First Name
- Last Name
- Delivery Address
- Billing Address
Your safety and security are fundamental to us. We use the following software to keep your data secure:
- Shopify – Our Website Platform
- Gorgias – Our Customer Service Software
- Global Pay - a cyber security software that secures our checkout and payment process
- PayPal - an alternative secure and convenient payment gateway
These are the only environments in which we store payment details and billing information. To keep you secure and prevent you getting any unwanted marketing, we only provide access to customer data to designated employees within tentree.
Where necessary, customer data is communicated securely through encrypted channels. In the rare event of a data breach, we follow strict procedures to make you aware of any compromises to the data we hold about you.
Telling you about our mission
When you sign up to our marketing– we will use the information you have provided to send you relevant information about our tree planting mission. Any postal mailouts are either sent directly from us or from our chosen mailing house - all details are transferred securely through SFTP file transfers, which are a clever way of sending data through secure systems.
If you'd like to unsubscribe for our mailing list, you can do so at any time by clicking the 'unsubscribe' link in any of our emails. You will continue to receive emails relating to orders that you have placed. You can also call us on (+44)1572 7422.
1. tentree is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK. We have established procedures to adhere to the guidelines of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of May 2018. The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it.
2. When you order, we need to know your address, email and payment details. This allows us to process and fulfil your order. You have the option to withhold personal information that is not required for the order process.
3. We use your personal information for fulifilling your order. We will only contact you as a specific part of the order process or for marketing purposes for tentree Europe seasonal marketing and e-newsletters. You can unsubscribe from this at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. When you sign up to the tentree Europe email newsletter, you also automatically become a subscriber to our tentree Europe postal marketing materials which are sent infrequently throughout the year. If you would like to unsubscribe at any time, please get in touch with us by emailing email@example.com or calling us on (+44)1572 72422.
5. We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons, beyond the essential requirement for credit/debit card validation during purchase.
6. We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with the UK data protection legislation. We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it. In order to maintain the accuracy of our database, you can check, update or remove your personal details by logging into your account or by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. In order to process credit/debit card transactions, the bank or card processing agency may require to verify your personal details for authorisation outside the EEA (European Economic Area). Your information will not be transferred outside the EEA for any other purpose.
8. If you have any questions about privacy please contact us at email@example.com or by telephone on (+44)1572 772422.